Xiaomi Mi Smart Plug ZigBee Edition
Xiaomi Smart plug ZigBee Edition requires Mi Smart Home Multifunctional Gateway and Mi App.
Remote control of electrical appliances with ZigBee
ZigBee is an IEEE 802.15.4-based specification for a suite of high-level communication protocols used to create personal area networks with small, low-power digital transmitter.
You don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn off the equipment when you are not at home.
You can check the status of electrical appliances and activate an automatic shutdown timer for each of them with the help of the application even when you are not at home.
The Mi app will allow you to monitor the status of gadgets and manage their energy consumption.
For the smart plug to work, you will need a Xiaomi Multi-functional Gateway connected to the network. Even if the Wi-Fi connection is disconnected, the plug will remain “smart” thanks to the multi-functional gateway.
Connecting to Xiaomi Smart Home Multi-functional Gateway
It is pretty fast to connect your Mi Smart Plug to Mi Gateway.
The steps are as follows:
1) Connect Xiaomi Multi-functional Gateway to the network
2) Connect Xiaomi Smart Plug ZigBee Edition to the network
3) Add Xiaomi Smart Plug ZigBee Edition to the Multi-functional Gateway application on your smartphone
4) Hold the button on the plug until the indicator lights up in red
5) The timer function not only helps in saving electricity consumption but it also maintains the efficiency of your appliances.
The time to turn on and off the work of the outlet can be specified via the Mi home app.